The Prep Schools are defined by the highly structured school culture found in many of our nation’s top-performing urban schools. Our elementary schools focus on reading and math instruction, integrating technology, and features two teachers in each classroom. Our middle schools feature two hours of math and two hours of language arts instruction per day and a unique entrepreneurship curriculum.
Our Village Prep Elementary School Approach
Visitors to our Village Prep elementary schools will quickly see that the environment is focused. Teachers are passionate and committed, and every minute is used to the fullest. Although young, our scholars are held to high behavioral and academic standards, and understand that they attend school with college as their long-term goal. All classrooms are named after and decorated as specific colleges (typically the alma mater of the teacher)–a creative way to motivate and remind scholars of their educational objectives.
What Sets Our Village Prep Schools Apart
- High level of structure. We engage students every minute of the day with systems that are designed to increase productivity and overall student performance.
- High academic expectations that emphasize academic rigor, clear expectations, and accountable talk.
- Frequent assessment of students to determine which standards have been mastered and which
- standards deserve review and remediation.
- Strong character development that will build and foster responsibility and perseverance.
- An enforced uniform policy. We believe our scholars should dress for success! All scholars are required to wear black pants/skirts/dresses, a white shirt, and a black sweater vest.
- A wholesome, well-rounded schedule. Our scholars are in class from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. and are provided with breakfast, a snack, and lunch.
Our E Prep Middle School Approach
Our E Prep middle schools are very intentional about setting a culture marked by high expectations and no excuses. Every student can achieve and every teacher and administrator models relentlessness in this pursuit.
What Sets Our E Prep Approach Apart
- Teachings around the 5 Keys to Success:
- An enforced code of conduct that emphasizes responsibility to self and community; there is a zero-tolerance policy and all students will be held accountable for actions
- An enforced uniform code (jackets/cardigans and ties)
- Nightly homework signed by parents
- A 20-book independent reading standard for each student for the year
- Regular academic assessments and trimester exams to gauge where students are in relation to their goals; careful tracking so that students and teachers can see progress
- Mandatory tutoring on Saturdays, for any 6th grader who is not meeting academic benchmarks
- Unity Circle- a regular community gathering during which students earn awards for progress and are taught to celebrate the achievements of their peers
- The presence of teachers who are held accountable, create rigorous and purposeful lesson plans, communicate frequently with parents, and participate in weekly professional development
- Curriculum that is aligned to the Ohio Academic Content Standards
- Commitment by every student and teacher and administrator to a goal of 100% in everything they do- 100% participation, 100% progress, 100% will go to college